Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Dave <sn...@gmail.com> on 2007/03/13 02:07:56 UTC

VOTE: Release Apache Roller 3.1

I just uploaded 3.1 RC5 and I think it's ready for release.

Please take a look at the release files, do a sanity test or two if
you have time and VOTE!

Release files and updated docs are here:
http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/apache-roller-3.1/

List of isues fixed so far in RCs is here:
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/ROLLER/Testing+Roller+3.1

Thanks,
Dave

Re: VOTE: Release Apache Roller 3.1

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.

Matt Raible wrote:
> On 3/14/07, Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com> wrote:
>>

>> Matt Raible wrote:
>> > I downloaded and tried out rc6 - here's what I found.
>> >
>> > In WEB-INF/velocity/weblog.vm, there is the following entry in the
>> > showWeblogEntryComments macro.

>> $comment.timestamp)"
>> >                   class="entrypermalink" title="$text.get(
>> > "macro.weblog.commentpermalink.title" )">#</a>
>> >
>> > However, there's no <a name="$comment.anchor"></a> to match this.
>> > That means # links are presented to the user, but nothing happens when
>> > you click on them.
>>
>> I thought I had fixed that in the trunk a while ago, but in any case I
>> don't know that little things like this are big enough to keep causing
>> us to delay the release.  At some point we have to accept the fact that
>> we can't fix everything in one release and just move on.
>
> That's fine - but can you tell me how to fix it locally?  I've used
> these links quite a bit to refer to comments on my blog in the past.
> Unfortunately, many of them are invalid since we changed from
> comment${number} to comment${timestamp}

Sure, it's very easy.  The links are being generated fine, the only
problem is that what they are linking to is not in the page by default.
  So to fix that you just need to add this in the
#showWeblogEntryComments() macro ...

<a name="comment-$comment.timestamp" id="comment-$comment.timestamp"></a>

that way those links are actually pointing to something =)

You can just put it above the <div class="comment...> line

> FWIW, this does seem to work on Jonathan's blog - don't know if he's
> running the latest.
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/jonathan/entry/moving_a_petabyte_of_data#comment-1173770951000

yep, that's because we are running newer versions of Roller than what's
been released.  the release process has really slowed us down and 3.1
release is a ways behind what is in the trunk :(

-- Allen

Posted by Elias Torres <el...@torrez.us>.
After enough self-wrestling, it works (bad week). +1

-Elias

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
I will have a chance tomorrow.

--a.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
VOTES so far:

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.

--
http://raibledesigns.com

Re: VOTE: Release Apache Roller 3.1

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.

--
http://raibledesigns.com

Re: VOTE: Release Apache Roller 3.1

Posted by Allen Gilliland <al...@sun.com>.

Posted by Matt Raible <ma...@raibledesigns.com>.

--
http://raibledesigns.com

Re: VOTE: Release Apache Roller 3.1

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Dave,

Verified signatures on .tar.gz and .zip.

+1

Craig

On Mar 14, 2007, at 9:24 AM, Dave wrote:

> Jon Stevens downloaded RC5, tested and found a couple of bugs in the
> new File Upload sub-folder feature, so I fixed that and couple of
> footer links.
>
> Now we have RC6
> http://people.apache.org/~snoopdave/apache-roller-3.1/
>
> And the updated change list here
> https://roller.dev.java.net/servlets/ProjectDocumentList?folderID=6962
>
> Download, test and please VOTE!
>
> - Dave

Craig Russell
408 276-5638 mailto:Craig.Russell@sun.com
P.S. A good JDO? O, Gasp!

Re: VOTE: Release Apache Roller 3.1

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.
I've fixed ROL-1374 in the trunk.

There was a slight difference in the way the path was being formed for the
termination cookie, so it wasn't matching the original.

Since it only affects the logout-redirect.jsp, sites that want the fix can
pick up the logout-redirect.jsp from the fix revision and just drop it in.

Dave, if for any reason we do spin another 3.1 RC, you should incorporate
the fix.

I'm +1 on the release of RC6.

--a.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
So, RAT is the Release Audit Tool that Robert wrote. Let's see what
we can do without Robert's help first.

Take a look at

http://www.google.com/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=apache
+RAT&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8
http://code.google.com/p/arat/downloads/list
http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/fileupload/rat-report.html

I've downloaded it and I'll take a look at how easy it is to use in
the next 5 minutes.

Craig

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Dave,

Re: Release Apache Roller 3.1

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.

On 3/13/07, Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org> wrote:
> Dave, I found it sitting in the wrong directory (apache-roller-2.3.1).

Doh!

Everything should be in the right place now.

- Dave

Re: Release Apache Roller 3.1

Posted by Anil Gangolli <an...@busybuddha.org>.

Re: Release Apache Roller 3.1