Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by YourSoft <yo...@freemail.hu> on 2007/03/22 21:12:49 UTC

Re: How to migrate my VelocityServlet code to VelocityViewSe

Dear Nathan,

I have only one question:
Which is the main adventage the one VelocityViewServelt
assign to *.vm over the extends VVS?
I found that, the main usage of VVS the assigning to *.vm.

Thanks for you answers,
      Ferenc

Re: How to migrate my VelocityServlet code to VelocityViewSe

Posted by Nathan Bubna <nb...@gmail.com>.
On 3/22/07, YourSoft <yo...@freemail.hu> wrote:
> Dear Nathan,
>
> I have only one question:
> Which is the main adventage the one VelocityViewServelt
> assign to *.vm over the extends VVS?

this isn't really a valid comparison, since you can extend VVS *and*
assign your subclass to *.vm, if you want to do so.

> I found that, the main usage of VVS the assigning to *.vm.

yes, that is typical, because it is an easy way of allowing you to add
templates to the webapp without having to recompile your code.  but if
you extend VVS to use your own way of mapping requests to templates,
then you can accomplish the same thing.  there are many ways to do
this.  do whatever suits you best.