Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Daniel Kehoe <ke...@fortuity.com> on 2002/08/13 08:09:04 UTC

deploying apps simply (simply deploying apps)

On Fri, 9 Aug 2002 21:53:52 -0700 (PDT), "Craig R. McClanahan"
<cr...@apache.org> said
(on the roller-development and struts-dev lists):
> PS:  In Tomcat 4.1.x, the "deploy" command of the manager app lets you
> include a context configuration file in the WAR, at location
> "META-INF/context.xml".  So it might still be possible to configure a
> single WAR that works correctly in Tomcat 4.1.x and still works in
> other servers (that would obviously ignore such a file).

I'd like a user to download a war file that has a
"META-INF/context.xml" that defines
a default JNDI data source (an HSQLDB database), drop the war file into
<tomcat>/webapps/,
restart Tomcat, and test the app. Then, if they want to use a different
datasource, I'd like
them to use the Tomcat admin tool to change the JDBC driver and URL for
the database,
overriding the "META-INF/context.xml" setting. This is the simplest
install procedure I can
imagine. However, that doesn't seem possible currently. What are the
alternatives?

I can tell the user to unzip an archive that contains myapp.xml and
myapp.war, copy the myapp.xml
into <tomcat>/webapps/, unjar the myapp.war into <tomcat>/webapps/, and
restart Tomcat, then use
the Tomcat admin tool to change the JDBC driver and URL for the
database. But that seems to be as
simple as I can make it currently. Can I do better?
--
  Daniel
  kehoe@fortuity.com

Re: Block a dir to not display its content

Posted by "R.C.Nougain" <no...@cad.delhi.nic.in>.
Many thanks!

Posted by D Bamud <no...@cad.delhi.nic.in>.
Ok It worked. I was trying inside /WEB-INF/web.xml. I guess it is also
possible for application level ie only for a given web application???

What I need to do so that when 404 tomcat message need  to be displayed by
tomcat it instead show my common 404.html file where I have my contents to
show the user.

AW: Block a dir to not display its content

Posted by Holger Klein-Altstedde <ho...@prioeins.de>.

Posted by "R.C.Nougain" <no...@cad.delhi.nic.in>.
holger.klein

Posted by Holger Klein-Altstedde <ho...@prioeins.de>.