Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Janis Langins <j....@utoronto.ca> on 2013/12/06 21:55:28 UTC

Thanks on infor about Sudden? Conversion of a file to a read only file

Thanks to all who responded with advice about my problem below.  I
managed to solve it by saving the blocked file to another computer
(office computer from home computer) where the blocking came off and
I was able to transfer it back to my original computer.
Many thanks again.
Janis Langins

A file I have updating daily (quite long, about 340 pages) has
inexplicably for reasons I cannot understand converted to a Read Only
file.  I have tried to get around this by copy the file from another
folder where did not convert to a Read Only to overwrite this
file.  It stays Read Only.  I have erased it and copied from my other
folder and it becomes a Read Only.
Any idea of what is going on and how can I stop this?
Thank you
Janis Langins