Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mon Cab <fu...@yahoo.com> on 2005/12/31 01:23:39 UTC

Tomcat not displaying (or logging) runtime exceptions for STRUTS !!

Please help.

It seems that Tomcat is no longer displaying (or logging) runtime
errors.  I have

<logic:match parameter="var" value="bla">  in a jsp, and no
<logic:present> tags surrounding this.  If I call this jsp without the
var parameter,  Tomcat just returns a page with the following html
source:

<!--

-->

Thats it!  No exceptions or anything!  So theres no way to debug the
jsp....

Shouldn't I be getting a:
javax.servlet.ServletException: Cannot compare null variable to value
null
with root cause:
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: Cannot compare null variable to value
null
?
What is going on here?

Re: Tomcat not displaying (or logging) runtime exceptions for STRUTS !!

Posted by Mon Cab <fu...@yahoo.com>.
You were right Laurie.

I thought I had commented out the <logic:present tags>, however, I had
used <!-- --> instead of <%-- --%>, so the code was still included in
the servlet.

Thanks for the tip.

Posted by Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net>.