Posted to dev@skywalking.apache.org by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> on 2020/06/09 14:32:25 UTC

[Call for testing] 8.0.0 release testing

Hi dev team

Right now, the master branch is suitable for release tests NOW.
There are only a few polishing here,
https://github.com/apache/skywalking/issues/4877. But basically, the codes
are ready.

Please tests and provide feedback.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Re: [Call for testing] 8.0.0 release testing

Posted by Hongtao Gao <ha...@gmail.com>.
Hi team
I focus on testing so11y with the new Prometheus fetcher.
The combination of the SelfObservability dashboard(loaded from oap UI
template) and Prometheus metrics aggregation works well.

We should notice that so11y metrics are disabled by default.

Thanks a lot. Regards.

Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2020年6月9日周二 下午10:32写道:

--
Hongtao Gao

Apache SkyWalking && Apache ShardingSphere
Twitter, @hanahmily

Re: [Call for testing] 8.0.0 release testing

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
All issues I am aware of have been fixed.
I have tested the package and UI on local and demo environments. Both seem
fine.

I would like to recommend the release. Waiting for more messages.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2020年6月9日周二 下午10:34写道:

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by yuguang zhao <zh...@apache.org>.
I compiled the master branch and did the following environment test.
I tested oap-server in Single mode,
ES(not ES7) as database storage, agent deployed 5 projects and checked ui
display.
All working normally.

Yanlong He <ya...@gmail.com> 于2020年6月11日周四 下午3:17写道:

Posted by Yanlong He <ya...@gmail.com>.
Branch: master

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
I just synced the last UI polish PR.
https://github.com/apache/skywalking/pull/4915

After this gets merged, I will begin the official release process.

Thank you all for testing this release. Hope this would be a good and
stable new start in the 8.x.

Sheng Wu 吴晟
Twitter, wusheng1108

Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2020年6月12日周五 上午8:00写道: