Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com> on 2021/11/14 08:28:45 UTC

Should we drop TestSaveService.testFILEVERSION test and SaveService.FILEVERSION field?

Hi,

I see that TestSaveService > testFILEVERSION fails on every update of
saveservice.properties.
What is the purpose of testFILEVERSION?

I suggest we just remove SaveService#FILEVERSION field as it is not really
used.

The failure looks as follows:

FAILURE   0.0sec, org.apache.jmeter.save.TestSaveService > testFILEVERSION()
    org.junit.ComparisonFailure: SaveService class and
saveservice.properties must be aligned. Please ensure you have edited both
files, and update SaveService.FILEVERSION
expected:<6[6ea47f7da884dff1c42ccede75113971c5c11f3]> but
was:<6[74d875c816319b93445640a35045b316f7d7456]>
        at org.junit.Assert.assertEquals(Assert.java:117)
        at
org.apache.jmeter.save.TestSaveService.testFILEVERSION(TestSaveService.java:94)

Vladimir

Re: Should we drop TestSaveService.testFILEVERSION test and SaveService.FILEVERSION field?

Posted by Vladimir Sitnikov <si...@gmail.com>.
Felix>So, in a sense, it is being used. (No idea, if it is useful enough.
Has
Felix>it done its purpose and reminded you to edit both files at once?)

I find the nagging useless since FILEVERSION is the **only** thing that
everybody changes
when adding a new sampler :-/

If other modifications are really needed, then the test should be more
specific in what it verifies and what it suggests.

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 14.11.21 um 09:28 schrieb Vladimir Sitnikov:
> Hi,
>
> I see that TestSaveService > testFILEVERSION fails on every update of
> saveservice.properties.
> What is the purpose of testFILEVERSION?

I believe it is intended to nag the developers to keep the too files
SaveService.java and saveservice.properties in sync.

So, in a sense, it is being used. (No idea, if it is useful enough. Has
it done its purpose and reminded you to edit both files at once?)

Felix