Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Ron Bolin <rb...@issl.atl.hp.com> on 2001/01/26 16:18:45 UTC

Re: Tomcat 3.2.1 mod_jk and Apache default_handler question

RE: Tomcat 3.2.1 and mod_jk on UNIX and Apache default_handler interaction.

When you configure apache for mod_jk,  the Apache default_handler checks to see
if the full
UNIX path for the URI exists. If it does not exist the the server returns a
permission error (FORBIDDEN)
and never calls the jakart-servlet handler - Example:

URL httpd://somehost//examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample

Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /examples/servlet/HelloWorldExample on this
server.

Is there a way to configure Apache and the mod_jk connector where the standalone
JVM/Tomcat
has access to the servlet, but the web server does not for security reasons? I'm
still looking, but
thought I'd ask now.

Thanks in advance.

Ron

Re: Tomcat 3.2.1 mod_jk and Apache default_handler question

Posted by Ron Bolin <rb...@issl.atl.hp.com>.
Just found the problem.

Well I found that the Alias in mod_jk.conf seems to be the problem with separating
the web server from the servlet engine. Removing the alias makes it work.

Ron