Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by santiagoloso <sa...@gmail.com> on 2009/04/08 20:14:17 UTC

Is this working or not?

Hi everyone, I'm working on Test Plan for an application that requires
username and password. Due to some permissions thing only some of the users
loaded on the DB are allowed to use this feature I'll be testing.

Said that, I've configured a CSV file with usernames and passwords (all
allowed to use this feature I'm testing) and setted the thread group to log
in to the website, and then perform the required steps to get into the
feature and operate over it.

After executing THOUSANDS of times, and checked results, when I ask for
information, the required information is retrieved (analyzed using View
Results in Tree Listener). It's not really important data veracity, so I'm
not using assertions, just need the performance.

Well, my doubt comes this way: when taking a look at db logs, servers been
hitted a lot of times, but always by an anonymous user (not by the usernames
and passwords that are sent within the test plan).

My deduction power tells me that the first steps (those executed before the
log in) must be anonymous, but, from that step and all that follow, username
on db logs should be the one inserted on each iteration (csv file brings
multiple username/password combinations, all valid).

Am I wrong? What am I missing?

Re: Is this working or not?

Posted by doki_pen <do...@doki-pen.org>.
You may want to add a results tree listener and take a look at the
request / response.  Running the test in the GUI of course.

Re: Is this working or not?

Posted by santiagoloso <sa...@gmail.com>.
Thanks a lot for your help, I've disabled all the static content requests and
it's working a lot better.

Now, I have another doubt (hope this to be the last one):

I've currently have 25 thread groups, and I need each thread group to start
5 minutes after the one before. I'll be executing this test automatically,
using windows task's scheduler. If I insert a different Start Time for each
Thread Group (from the GUI) and then execute the test plan from the non-GUI
mode, will those Start Times be considered?

Shall I use fixed Start Times for each Thread Group, or Start Delay's? I'm
asking cuz I've tried with Start Delay's and the first Thread only executes
the first sample, then waits a couple of seconds and the second Thread
executes only the first sample, and so on. And I want the first thread to
start sending samples in a loop, and then the second thread to join the
first one, and then the third, until all the 25 threads are active, and,
then wait 'til fixed End Date.

Re: Is this working or not?

Posted by "Michael P. McDonnell" <bz...@gmail.com>.
Well - each request is specific to something that needed to be gotten when
you ran through your test script. So if you look through them, you may see a

Re: Is this working or not?

Posted by santiagoloso <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Is this working or not?

Posted by "Michael P. McDonnell" <bz...@gmail.com>.
The once only controller will only log in once using that username/password
combination. Just as an FYI, I never log out my users either as there is no
way to distinguish the very last run of a test..

As well as the Generated HTTP Requests From the Proxy Server - they're
fantastic.

Re: Is this working or not?

Posted by santiagoloso <sa...@gmail.com>.

Re: Is this working or not?