Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Remy Maucherat <re...@betaversion.org> on 2001/02/26 20:55:43 UTC

Re: Nominations for the Jakata PMC

Quoting Sam Ruby <ru...@us.ibm.com>:

> [  ] Peter Donald
> [  ] Diane Holt
> [  ] Ted Husted
> [  ] Ceki Gülcü
> [  ] Geir Magnusson Jr.
> [  ] Daniel F. Savarese
> [  ] Jason van Zyl

I'm a bit disappointed by that list, which doesn't include Costin. I'm starting
to think that what he said a while ago (basically, that nobody here cares about
code and contributions, and that it's all about politics) is really true after
all.

IMHO, the best election process would be to let the committers submit a ballot
containing the list of committers they want to have in the PMC. Then, just
choose the 10 - 15 committers who got the most votes.

To voice my disapproval with the current process, I won't participate in the
current ballot.

Remy