Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by John Regal <jc...@flashline.com> on 2001/11/01 22:09:51 UTC

FileContentStore v. JDBCContentStore

I have mySql working with the JDBCcontentstore but would like to use the
Filecontentstore. I tried pasting the contentstore section from the
MemoryConfiguration section into the JDBCconfiguration section but it still
uses the mysql slide database to store the objects. I also tried rebuilding
the database and starting over but that didn't change anything.

Is it possible to use FileContentStore even though I'm using JDBC?
John

Re: FileContentStore v. JDBCContentStore

Posted by Remy Maucherat <rm...@home.com>.
> I have mySql working with the JDBCcontentstore but would like to use the
> Filecontentstore. I tried pasting the contentstore section from the
> MemoryConfiguration section into the JDBCconfiguration section but it
still
> uses the mysql slide database to store the objects. I also tried
rebuilding
> the database and starting over but that didn't change anything.
>
> Is it possible to use FileContentStore even though I'm using JDBC?

The file store is only able to store the binary content at the moment.
Everything else (ACLs, locks, etc) should still go to the JDBC store.

Remy