Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Ben Dotte <bd...@widen.com> on 2007/04/04 22:47:46 UTC

T5 Calendars

I saw there are plans to get jscalendar working in T5 and that a
separate project was already created to do so but I was curious if there
are any plans to port the current dojo-based DropdownDatePicker or the
original Tapestry DatePicker to T5. The reason I ask is we had several
problems with jscalendar during the period we were using it with Tacos.
For example:

- appearing underneath palettes in rare cases
- hiding dropdowns and palettes underneath it in most cases
- appearing underneath parts of other components in Mac Firefox
- appearing in the wrong place on the page when many other ui elements
were on the page

We have issues with the other two calendars too. The original one was
incompatible with Tacos ajax links. The dojo-based one is incompatible
with Safari 1.x. But jscalendar has been by far the most problematic.

Thanks,
Ben

Re: T5 Calendars

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.
I'm not wedded to anything; I thought the Tacos date picker was very slick,
but if you can recommend a better one, I'm all for it.  I wonder if putting
it inside a floating <iframe> would handle the annoying IE z-order problems.

On 4/4/07, Ben Dotte <bd...@widen.com> wrote:

> I saw there are plans to get jscalendar working in T5 and that a
> separate project was already created to do so but I was curious if there
> are any plans to port the current dojo-based DropdownDatePicker or the
> original Tapestry DatePicker to T5. The reason I ask is we had several
> problems with jscalendar during the period we were using it with Tacos.
> For example:
>
> - appearing underneath palettes in rare cases
> - hiding dropdowns and palettes underneath it in most cases
> - appearing underneath parts of other components in Mac Firefox
> - appearing in the wrong place on the page when many other ui elements
> were on the page
>
> We have issues with the other two calendars too. The original one was
> incompatible with Tacos ajax links. The dojo-based one is incompatible
> with Safari 1.x. But jscalendar has been by far the most problematic.
>
> Thanks,
> Ben

Howard M. Lewis Ship
TWD Consulting, Inc.