Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Sundar @eSaravana" <su...@eSaravana.com> on 2001/02/24 06:44:53 UTC

Missing http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd

Hello,

struts-config.xml references to
http://jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd dtd, but I just
don't even see it through my browser.
Since I am behind the firewall, I normally keep the dtds locally.So, when I
tried to copy my browser returns

  Cannot have a DTD declaration outside of a DTD. Line 26, Position 12

<!ENTITY % BeanName "CDATA">
-----------^

Am I missing something or I can just go ahead, copy the source and deploy my
servlet

Sundar

Re: Missing http: //jakarta.apache.org/struts/dtds/struts-config_1_0.dtd

Posted by Martin Cooper <ma...@tumbleweed.com>.
As I mentioned before, the latest version of Struts (v1.0-b1) should fix
this problem. It includes local copies of the required DTDs so that it will
continue to work if you are not connected to the Internet.

You have the correct URL for the DTD. However, trying to view a DTD through
a browser doesn't work very well. IE usually displays "The XML page cannot
be displayed" and Netscape usually displays nothing at all. On the other
hand, at that point, you can usually "View Source", or its equivalent, to
see the real source. Alternatively, you might want to try "Save Target
As...".

Hope this helps.

--
Martin Cooper