Posted to log4cxx-user@logging.apache.org by bo...@brasko.net on 2010/05/06 15:25:12 UTC

logging does not appear to be linear with size of string to log

Hi,

I'm having an issue where logging a large string (2.7M), the logger
will run for 30 minutes trying to write the string. Is there
an n^2 algorithm inside the logger? I write the string like,
  std::string out = getLargeString();
  log4cxx::logstream << out << log4cxx::spi::LocationFlush(...);

Btw, I'm using an old version of log4cxx, that i got from revision
control on Jan 11, 2007.

Is this a known bug? Perhaps it's already been fixed upstream?

Thanks,
Bob