Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Jonathan Spaeth <Jo...@networktelephone.net> on 2002/12/10 22:56:18 UTC

Multiple data sources

Is there a standard way of integrating multiple data sources using xmlform?
The XForms spec defines the <model> and <instance> elements which would be a
good solution for my problem.

Basically, this is what I am attempting to do:
1. Load an xml document from an xml database (xindice);
2. Perform an xpath expression on this data and loop over the resulting
expression, using the <itemset ref="//group[@id='switches']"/> tag; however
the xpath context for this expression should be the document loaded from the
database, not the xforms document itself.

Are multiple models supported using xforms or should I just define a
standard model Bean and load all of my xml database data into the Bean upon
instantiation?

Thanks,
Jon