Posted to dev@hivemind.apache.org by ac...@streber24.de on 2004/04/28 13:35:32 UTC

Lost error messages

Hi,

in the moment I have a hard time finding some errors in my hivemind
configurations and service implementations.
The reason is, that the original errors are never logged or displayed
and seem to get lost in hivemind.

Example:
ServiceA receives a configuration via set-configuration element.
This configuration consists of instances of other hivemind service and
is stored in property servicelist .
The configuration uses translator service for getting the service instances.

Now, if one of the referenced services throws an exception at startup or
the corresponding BuilderFactory setup is wrong, I get an error like this:
"Unable to update property servicelist of object ServiceAImpl: null."
No hint what the original error is.

That 'null' remembered me of  the thread 'Force loading of Services'. I
think it is another
symptom of the same problem.

Achim Huegen

Re: Lost error messages