Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com> on 2012/09/13 14:16:58 UTC

Configuration of hadoop.job.history.user.location on a user basis

Hi,

I would like to be able to fully isolate the quota of each user.
That is, I would like to put everything related to a user into her/his home
directory /user/<user>.

Among other points of configuration, I would like to be able to configure
hadoop.job.history.user.location.
But I can't see how it could be done.

How can I have a different path for each user?
How do I make sure that each job will still have its own directory? (Even
when no output dir is defined for the job.)

Other question, slightly related. If I deactivate those logs using the
"none" configuration, it should only impact the copy of the user, should it
not?
The user should still be able to browse the logs using the version provided
through the jobtracker web interface, should it not?

Regards

Bertrand

Re: Configuration of hadoop.job.history.user.location on a user basis

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hemanth,

I thought of that but I didn't test it because I need the same for the job
id. Of course, I could generate my own id but I don't like that solution. I
will look at hadoop.tmp.dir to see if it can solve my issue differently.

Regards

Bertrand

On Fri, Sep 14, 2012 at 5:54 AM, Hemanth Yamijala <yhemanth@thoughtworks.com

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: Configuration of hadoop.job.history.user.location on a user basis

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hemanth,

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: Configuration of hadoop.job.history.user.location on a user basis

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hemanth,

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: Configuration of hadoop.job.history.user.location on a user basis

Posted by Bertrand Dechoux <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Hemanth,

--
Bertrand Dechoux

Re: Configuration of hadoop.job.history.user.location on a user basis

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
Hi Bretrand,

Posted by Hemanth Yamijala <yh...@thoughtworks.com>.
Hi Bretrand,