Posted to announce@apachecon.com by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org> on 2012/11/09 12:37:39 UTC

ApacheCon NA: CFP final days & Early Bird registration open!

Hello everyone --

Two items of note regarding ApacheCon North America, taking place in Portland, Oregon, the last week of February 2013.

1) Call for Presentations has been extended to Sunday, 11 November.

ApacheCon will kick off on 24 February with two days of pre-conference trainings, BarCamp, and hackathon; the main conference + expo is 26-28 February, followed by post-conference sprints, workshops, and team building events through 2 March.

This year's theme is "Open Source Community Leadership Drives Enterprise-Grade Innovation", showcasing the diverse applications and solutions made possible by Apache technologies.

We encourage submissions that demonstrate novel uses of Apache products and how they are helping to shape the future, including proposals on technical, business, and community matters for audiences at all levels from beginner to expert. Demonstrations of real-world experience in solving specific problems are particularly welcome. Submit your presentation and training proposals at http://na.apachecon.com/cfp/

Dozens of Apache projects —from Abdera to Apache HTTP Server to
Zookeeper— will be represented across popular topic areas and tracks
that include: Apache Daily (everyday tools, frameworks, and components), ApacheEE (Java Enterprise projects at the ASF), Big Data, Enterprise
Messaging & Integration, Cloud, Linked Data, Lucene/Solr &
Friends (Smart Search & Analytics), Modular Java, NoSQL Database,
OFBiz (Open Source Enterprise Resource Planning), Apache OpenOffice, Web Infrastructure, Business & Community, and many more.

Travel assistance is available for select individuals who qualify. To apply, visit https://www.apache.org/travel/

Selected Speakers/Trainers will be notified on 26 November.

2) Early-Bird registration is NOW OPEN.

The SUPER EARLY BIRD registration rate is $1,095 ($330 less than last year!), but you must register by 31 December, afterwhich the regular registration fee of $1,395 is in effect. Sign up today at http://acna13.eventbrite.com/

Discounted hotel room rates are also now available: we encourage you to book your accommodation as soon as possible, as space is limited. For details, visit http://na.apachecon.com/venue/

Updates will be posted on the @ApacheCon Twitter feed and the ApacheCon Website. We look forward to seeing you in Portland!

--the ApacheCon Planning Committee

Re: ApacheCon NA: CFP final days & Early Bird registration open!

Posted by Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com>.
On Friday, November 9, 2012, Kay Schenk wrote:

> On 11/09/2012 09:59 AM, Donald Harbison wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Nov 9, 2012 at 12:24 PM, Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Well I am planning on attending, but not certain about submitting a
>>> proposal, AND I guess I must contact Sally regarding registration fees
>>> for
>>> committers...
>>>

>> Kay, I'd love to hear you do a talk on openoffice.org web infrastructure
>> and all the amazing details you are so familiar with...in other words,
>> share your knowledge and expertise. It takes maybe 10 - 15 minutes to
>> submit an abstract. You could really make a huge difference here.
>>

> Thanks for this suggestion, Don. I'll think about it although I don't know
> how well a topic like that would fit with the conference theme...

Eh, don't worry about the conf marketing. :)

> "Open Source Community Leadership Drives
>
> It might be fun to see how OpenOffice performs accessing a Hadoop hive? :)
> with jdbc:hive

Hmm, that'd freak out our Watson Solutions gang. Great fun!

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Donald Harbison <dp...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.

Re: Fwd: ApacheCon NA: CFP final days & Early Bird registration open!

Posted by Kay Schenk <ka...@gmail.com>.
[top posting]
OK, well I just registered with the VERY welcome greatly reduced amount for
committers -- $275.

Just in case I don't around to submitting a presentation...but I will
certainly try on this account.

Posted by Andrea Pescetti <pe...@apache.org>.