Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Phil Coultard <co...@coultard.com> on 2003/06/03 14:57:56 UTC

Newbie: writing XML files with Cocoon

Hi,

Apologies if this is a basic question.

I'm just starting with Cocoon really and am trying to produce a content
management system using it to see whether it really is suitable for my
needs.

As part of this I need to edit xml files via the browser but it occurs to me
this must be something that loads of people have done already. My question
is therefore what content management projects exist or failing that what
browser based XML editing tools exist.

I'm using:
Win98
Tomcat 4.1.24
JDK 1.3.1
Cocoon 2.1

Thanks in advance

Phil Coultard
---

Re: Newbie: writing XML files with Cocoon

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <A....@ping.de>.
> I'm just starting with Cocoon really and am trying to produce a content
> management system using it to see whether it really is suitable for my
> needs.

First of all I would recommend that you participate in developing Apache
Lenya (see http://lenya.org/ or http://cocoon.apache.org/lenya/) which is a
CMS based on Cocoon.

> As part of this I need to edit xml files via the browser but it occurs to
me
> this must be something that loads of people have done already. My question
> is therefore what content management projects exist or failing that what
> browser based XML editing tools exist.

You will find answers to this question on the Lenya website.

Andreas

RE: Newbie: writing XML files with Cocoon

Posted by Oleg Lyebyedyev <Ol...@negeso.com>.
http://www.betaversion.org/~stefano/software/linotype/

> I'm just starting with Cocoon really and am trying to produce a
> content management system using it to see whether it really is
> suitable for my needs.
>
> As part of this I need to edit xml files via the browser but it occurs
> to me this must be something that loads of people have done already.
> My question is therefore what content management projects exist or
> failing that what browser based XML editing tools exist.
>
> I'm using:
> Win98
> Tomcat 4.1.24
> JDK 1.3.1
> Cocoon 2.1

If you're using 2.1, you should try Stefano's Linotype. I haven't yet
tried it (but will
soon). It looks really cool. Unfortunately the download link is broken,
so I can't tell you
where to get it, and Stefano is apparently hiking up an inca trail
towards Machu
Picchu, which doesn't help! But it is well worth waiting for. It uses
client side wysiwyg
editing on IE6 and Moz6, and flow behind the scenes.

Hope that helps (and doesn't cause too much 'I can't find it'
frustration).

Regards, Upayavira

The information transmitted is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking on any action in reliance upon, this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from any computer. Visit us at:     Http://www.perfectforpeople.nl

Re: Newbie: writing XML files with Cocoon

Posted by Upayavira <uv...@upaya.co.uk>.