Posted to dev@fineract.apache.org by Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch> on 2020/10/21 16:50:00 UTC

How to create demo data? (FINERACT-1238)

Hello everyone,

How do you all think we could best bulk create some demo data e.g. on
https://www.fineract.dev, but more generally through some.. thing re-usable
that anyone interested in the project can easily use locally or on their
own servers as well?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-1238 has some thoughts -
please chime in there, or here.

Apart from the technical "how" discussion, do people reading this have
input on WHAT "demo data" would be useful to see? I guess whatever
technical solution we come up with should... what, like create:

* O offices
* U users
* C clients as the users
* S saving accounts per client
* L loan accounts per client

Would this be a reasonable starting point?

Tx,
M.
_______________________
Michael Vorburger
http://www.vorburger.ch

Re: How to create demo data? (FINERACT-1238)

Posted by James Dailey <ja...@gmail.com>.
@Michael Vorburger <mi...@vorburger.ch>

Agree and happy to help drive requirements.  I'd also like to figure out
the infra required and approach so that it's reproducible.

Financial systems are a record of actions that occured *over time. *
So testing out whether the entries are properly relating to other actions,
over various time frames, is important.
Perhaps, if we do this on a regular basis, we do not need to have an
"advance the date" feature (assuming that is non-trivial).

As I commented on related ticket
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-1170
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FINERACT-1170>

PART A - SETUP (need not be SQL script, could be via postman)

Import of Clients (Customers)
Import of all Configs required (GL, Users, Groups, Offices, data scoping,
etc)
Import of Accounts (multiple per client)
Import of history of Transactions (multiple and dating back several months)

Then, run:

   - PART B - CREATE
   Create New Client;
   Create New Product;
   Create New Account (Approve Loan Process);
   Create New Payment Schedule;
   Do Disbursement (transaction);

   - PART C - CREATE ON EXISTING
   Create Transaction on Pre-Existing Client ;
   Create Transaction on New Client (repayment);
   Advance the date ;
   Repeat B & C above ;

PART D - MODIFY

   - Modify Client Record ;
   Modify Client Payments ;
   Modify Group Details ;
   Modify Product (as allowed by rules) ;

PART E - BATCH JOBS and REPORTS
Do Batch Jobs
GENERATE Reports

PART F - SCALABILITY & PERFORMANCE TESTING

   - Multiple Users Signed on
   - Multiple Accounts being created and modified
   - Reports running in background
   - Transactions hitting across 10,000 accounts
   - Scale resources (processors, memory, I/O)