Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Marc Perkel <ma...@perkel.com> on 2007/03/16 17:03:33 UTC

Can't Locate Tie/Handle.pm

Getting this error:

Can't Locate Tie/Handle.pm

Where do I find this and how do you figure out where to find it?

Thanks in advance.

Re: Can't Locate Tie/Handle.pm

Posted by "Chris St. Pierre" <st...@NebrWesleyan.edu>.
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, Marc Perkel wrote:

> Getting this error:
>
> Can't Locate Tie/Handle.pm
>
> Where do I find this and how do you figure out where to find it?

You need to install the Tie::Handle perl module from CPAN:

$ sudo cpan install Tie::Handle

Or, it's possible that your @INC is screwed up, particularly if you've
got multiple versions of Perl on the system.  You can see if the file
Tie/Handle.pm exists anywhere (using locate or find -- it'll probably
be in /usr/lib/perl somewhere, but again, it might not be if you've
got multiple versions of Perl).  If you can find a Handle.pm file,
then you're probably looking at a borked @INC path.

Chris St. Pierre
Unix Systems Administrator
Nebraska Wesleyan University
----------------------------
Never send mail to thobrux@nebrwesleyan.edu

Re: Can't Locate Tie/Handle.pm

Posted by Brian Wilson <wi...@bubba.org>.
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, John D. Hardin wrote:

> On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, Marc Perkel wrote:
>
>> Getting this error:
>>
>> Can't Locate Tie/Handle.pm
>>
>> Where do I find this and how do you figure out where to find it?
>
> ...doesn't the SA documentation or wiki have a list of required
> CPAN dependencies somewhere in the installation instructions?

The INSTALL file covers this does it not?

Required Perl Modules
---------------------

In addition to the modules associated with Perl, some additional modules
need to be installed or upgraded depending on the version of Perl that you
are running.

You can get an immediate report on which of these modules you may need (or
want) to upgrade, by running "perl build/check_dependencies" from the
SpamAssassin build directory.

Optional Modules
----------------

Re: Can't Locate Tie/Handle.pm

Posted by "John D. Hardin" <jh...@impsec.org>.
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007, Marc Perkel wrote:

> Getting this error:
>
> Can't Locate Tie/Handle.pm
>
> Where do I find this and how do you figure out where to find it?

...doesn't the SA documentation or wiki have a list of required
CPAN dependencies somewhere in the installation instructions?

  If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be
  reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.
                                      -- the Dalai Lama, May 15, 2001
 599 days until the Presidential Election