Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Jesus Camacho Rodriguez <jc...@hortonworks.com> on 2019/02/28 06:38:58 UTC

[DISCUSS] Move gitbox notification emails to another list?

We have had a similar discussion in the Calcite project too.

Gitbox emails are being set to the dev@ list. These emails are produced every time there is activity in the Hive Github repository and are creating quite a lot of noise. The result is that it is really difficult to follow any activity in the list.

A possible alternative would be to send them to another list, e.g. gitbox@h.a.o. The idea is that having them in a list may still be useful as they may serve as a searchable archive of activity in the repo.

What do you think? Should we open an INFRA ticket to request this?

Thanks,
Jesús

Re: [DISCUSS] Move gitbox notification emails to another list?

Posted by Lefty Leverenz <le...@gmail.com>.
Remember to update the mailing lists page
<http://hive.apache.org/mailing_lists.html> on the Hive website.  And while
you're at it, please document the issues mailing list (HIVE-9838
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HIVE-9838>).

-- Lefty

Posted by Peter Vary <pv...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.

So waiting for Ashutosh now.