Posted to user@ant.apache.org by jo...@parreco.com on 2004/01/13 01:02:47 UTC

scp task truncating names with spaces

Howdy,

Please forgive me if this has already been reported, I searched bugzilla and
this list but did not find anything.

I found that when using the scp task with the file attribute containing an
asterisk (file="user:password@somehost:/home/chuck/*") if there is a file in
there that has a space in it (/home/chuck/dir/another dir) then the local file
name will be truncated at the space (/home/chuck/dir/another). This occured to
me with the remote os being RedHat WS 3 and the local os being OS X. Please let
me know if there is a workaround or if I should talk to bugzilla.

Thanks,

Josh

Re: scp task truncating names with spaces

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On Mon, 12 Jan 2004, <jo...@parreco.com> wrote:

> Please let me know if there is a workaround

I don't think so, as we've not been aware of it.  The SSH tasks are
still getting into shape as they haven't been tested by too many
people.

> or if I should talk to bugzilla.

Please do.

Stefan