Posted to user@struts.apache.org by akash agrawal <ak...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2008/04/11 21:51:03 UTC

Two buttons on same row

Hi,

s:submit creates a row for a button. I have two buttons and two submit appears on two different row. How do I put them on the same row? Can anyone give an example?

Thanks,

-Akash

Re: Two buttons on same row

Posted by akash agrawal <ak...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi Marcio,

You are correct. Doing so will change the theme for the whole application. There is another way to just change the theme for specific buttons. (Check a previous reply to my question by Sharath)

eg:
<s:submit type="input" value="my button"  name="submit" theme="simple" ></s:submit>

previous reply:
Hi Akash,

    Put 'theme=simple' this will solve your problem.

  --Sharath.

Posted by Márcio Gurgel <ma...@gmail.com>.
Hi Akash,

I think that is not a good idea just change the theme.. Doing that you're
gona lose some functionality.. Like validation, etc..
There's a way, overwriting the xhtml theme (I made this in a project, and
it's working).

Do the following steps:

1 - Unzip the struts 2 core jar;
2 - Copy template/xhtml and paste into your WebContent directory;
3 - Overwrite your "submit.ftl" with the code:
<#--
/*
 * $Id: Action.java 502296 2007-02-01 17:33:39Z niallp $
 *
 * Licensed to the Apache Software Foundation (ASF) under one
 * or more contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file
 * distributed with this work for additional information
 * regarding copyright ownership.  The ASF licenses this file
 * to you under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the
 * "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance
 * with the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at
 *
 *  http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
 *
 * Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing,
 * software distributed under the License is distributed on an
 * "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY
 * KIND, either express or implied.  See the License for the
 * specific language governing permissions and limitations
 * under the License.
 */
-->

Re: Two buttons on same row