Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Scott Heaberlin <he...@gmail.com> on 2009/01/02 23:30:51 UTC

ear plugin: earSourceExcludes

Hello all,

I have been attempting to implement skinny wars as outlined in the
exmaples for the maven2 war plugin.  Using maven 2.0.9.

I have, as the site documentation suggests, added all of the
dependencies that were previously listed as compile/runtime in my war
project's pom now as provided, and have duplicated those dependencies
at such a scope as to have them included in my ear.

In my ear pom's <dependencies> section, I have multiple jar
dependencies that either directly or transitively result in inclusion
of commons-logging (among a few others like xerces).  I know the
utopian way to resolve this is to change those dependencies to use
provided scope - but some of these are 3rd party and I'd really like
to use earSourceExcludes as a safety net.

I am unable get earSourceExcludes to work.  Here is my build section
from pom.xml:

<build>
    <plugins>
        <plugin>
            <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
            <configuration>
                <!-- this places all jar modules into a "lib" dir -->
                <defaultJavaBundleDir>lib/</defaultJavaBundleDir>
                <earSourceExcludes>lib/commons-logging*</earSourceExcludes>
                <modules>
                    <webModule>
                        <groupId>my-groupid</groupId>
                        <artifactId>one-of-my-webmodules</artifactId>

<bundleFileName>one-of-my-webmodules.war</bundleFileName>
                    </webModule>
                    <!-- ... -->
                </modules>
            </configuration>
        </plugin>
    </plugins>
</build>

Yet, no matter what, commons-logging keeps showing up in my packaged
ear file under the lib/ path.  I've tried other patterns as well;
**/commons-logging* does not work either.
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/ear-mojo.html#earSourceExcludes

Thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Scott Heaberlin

Re: ear plugin: earSourceExcludes

Posted by Stephane Nicoll <st...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, Jan 2, 2009 at 11:30 PM, Scott Heaberlin <he...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all,
>

> I am unable get earSourceExcludes to work.  Here is my build section
> from pom.xml:

Mmm, it should work. Please create an issue in Jira.

Thanks,
Stéphane

> <build>
>    <plugins>
>        <plugin>
>            <artifactId>maven-ear-plugin</artifactId>
>            <configuration>
>                <!-- this places all jar modules into a "lib" dir -->
>                <defaultJavaBundleDir>lib/</defaultJavaBundleDir>
>                <earSourceExcludes>lib/commons-logging*</earSourceExcludes>
>                <modules>
>                    <webModule>
>                        <groupId>my-groupid</groupId>
>                        <artifactId>one-of-my-webmodules</artifactId>
>
> <bundleFileName>one-of-my-webmodules.war</bundleFileName>
>                    </webModule>
>                    <!-- ... -->
>                </modules>
>            </configuration>
>        </plugin>
>    </plugins>
> </build>
>
> Yet, no matter what, commons-logging keeps showing up in my packaged
> ear file under the lib/ path.  I've tried other patterns as well;
> **/commons-logging* does not work either.
>
> http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-ear-plugin/ear-mojo.html#earSourceExcludes
>

> Thoughts?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>

> Scott Heaberlin

Large Systems Suck: This rule is 100% transitive. If you build one, you
suck" -- S.Yegge