Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2015/02/01 07:07:52 UTC

[VOTE] The 3rd HBase 0.98.10 release candidate (RC2) is available, vote closing 2/4/2015

​​​​​The 3rd HBase 0.98.10 release candidate (RC2) is available for
download at http://people.apache.org/~apurtell/0.98.10RC2/ and Maven
artifacts are also available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1060/

Signed with my code signing key D5365CCD.

The issues resolved in this release can be found at http://s.apache.org/7hO

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/-1 by midnight Pacific Time (00:00
-0800 GMT) on ​February 4​ ​on whether or not we should release this as​
​0.98.10. Three +1 votes from PMC will be required to release.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

(via Tom White)

[VOTE] The 3rd HBase 0.98.10 release candidate (RC2) is available, vote closing 2/4/2015

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
+1

- Release passed RAT checks
- Unit test suite passes 20/20 times on 7u75, 5/5 with 6u45
- Bootstrapped hadoop1 and hadoop2 test clusters from the tarballs, no
errors, warnings, or failures
- Checked Phoenix compilation with master and 4.0 branches, no compile
issues, Phoenix unit tests pass
- Ran LTT on an all-localhost cluster, 1M keys, no unusual warnings or
errors in the logs
- Ran ITI and ITBLL in an all-localhost configuration
- Tested replication between two small clusters in DR and active-active
peer configurations
- Ran Dima's cool new compatibility checker, see results at
http://people.apache.org/~apurtell/0.98.9_0.98.10RC2_compat_report.html .
There are no issues of concern affecting interfaces or classes meant for
user extension, except VisibilityLabelService (from HBASE-12745), but per
the discussion at the tail of the issue the changes are acceptable.

Re: [VOTE] The 3rd HBase 0.98.10 release candidate (RC2) is available, vote closing 2/4/2015

Posted by lars hofhansl <la...@apache.org>.
+1
- built from source- read 20m rows in parallel from 10 clients, while writing 10m rows with 10 other clients.- nothing undue in the logs- poked around in the generated tarball
All good from my end.

-- Lars

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.
+1
ran on a test cluster
checked sig
checked tar layout and contentes
ran ITBLL

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@apache.org>.
+1.

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
Here is the JavaACC compatibility report:
http://people.apache.org/~apurtell/0.98.9_0.98.10RC2_compat_report.html

Binary incompatible changes can be found in HConnection and
VisibilityLabelService. Changes in VisibilityLabelService are from
HBASE-12745. Per the discussion at the tail of the issue the incompatible
changes to this interface are acceptable. The changes to HConnection are
from HBASE-12933. HConnection is not a public interface.

The new methods in AccessControlClient were added to restore backwards
compatibility by HBASE-12842. New methods added to the Result class are not
binary incompatible. (See
http://docs.oracle.com/javase/specs/jls/se7/html/jls-13.html) Protobuf
changes are new optional fields with default values so are not wire
incompatible.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy