Posted to torque-user@db.apache.org by Anton Tonchev <to...@xi-tec.com> on 2006/09/06 09:52:51 UTC

Configuring encoding that is used for jdbc connection

Hello!

I am trying to configure torque so that it manages cyrillic characters
correctly. The database (in my case MySQL) is configured to use as
default charset cp1251. Anyway when i try to save something in
cyrillic through torque i get "????" in the database.

Where i can specify the encoding of the connection to the database?

Thanks in advance.

Re[2]: Configuring encoding that is used for jdbc connection

Posted by Anton Tonchev <to...@xi-tec.com>.
Thanks for the help.

The problem was not in torque but in the data that i receive before
that.

Anyway the way to set the encoding is through the parameters of the
connection string.

Regards.

Re: Configuring encoding that is used for jdbc connection

Posted by Joe Carter <jo...@excite.com>.
Certainly for Sybase it's set via the database itself.
It's independent of Torque.
We moved to UTF-8 to avoid charset issues.

Joe

Posted by Thomas Fischer <fi...@seitenbau.net>.
Hi,