Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Gudla, Madhuri" <MG...@americanaships.com> on 2002/10/24 05:31:41 UTC

NEED HELP with Customised Struts Exception Handling

I have an Action class( see BookAction below ), which calls
'SchedulingDelegate.updateRotation()' inside the 'try' block.
The call to 'updateRotation()' throws a 'TestProcessException'.

MY OBJECTIVE IS:  I want this 'TestProcessException' to be handled by the
struts framework and automatically call
                               my 'MyExceptionHandler' class to handle this
exception.

MY PROBLEM IS: How do i make the struts framework call the
'MyExceptionHandler' to handle the 'TestProcessException'?
                            How do i code my Action class to make this
happen?

This is what i have in my struts-config.xml:

      <action-mappings>
        <action    path="/createBook"
                   name="bookForm"
                   type="BookAction"
                   input="/CreateBook.jsp"
                   scope="request"
                   validate="true">
                   <exception

handler="com.foo.framework.strutscustomization.MyExceptionHandler"

type="com.foo.framework.exception.TestProcessException"/>
        </action>
      </action-mappings>

public class BookAction extends Action {

	public ActionForward perform(ActionMapping mapping,
            ActionForm form,  HttpServletRequest req,
            HttpServletResponse res)
        {
            System.out.println("Start perform(" + form + ") . . ." );
            //String title = req.getParameter("title");
            Book book = new Book();

            //BookForm bookform = (BookForm) form;
            //book = bookform.getBook();

            DynaValidatorForm dynaform = (DynaValidatorForm) form;
            String title = (String) dynaform.get("title");

            book.setTitle(title);

            System.out.println("After creation of book: " + book.getTitle()
);

 ////////////////////Testing Exception Handling

             try
             {
            	System.out.println("~~~~~~~~~~Calling scheduling delegate");
    	    	SchedulingDelegate sd = new SchedulingDelegate();
				SchedulingDelegate.updateRotation();
             }
             catch(TestProcessException tce){
             	System.out.println("tce occurred");

             	 // throw new TestProcessException("ActionClass :",tce);
            }

            req.setAttribute("BOOK", book);

            return mapping.findForward("bookCreated");

        }
}