Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl> on 2006/11/06 22:22:48 UTC

Re: svn commit: r471743 - in /geronimo/devtools/eclipse-plugin/trunk/plugins: org.apache.geronimo.common.deployment.model.edit/META-INF/ org.apache.geronimo.common.deployment.model.edit/src/org/apache/geronimo/xml/ns/security/provider/ org.apache.ger

On 11/6/06, sppatel@apache.org <sp...@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: sppatel
> Date: Mon Nov  6 06:16:19 2006
> New Revision: 471743

> Log:
> remove copyright from Manifest's, causes build error

So, what's the way to put the license header in them? I was worried to
amend these MANIFEST files and it turned out I wasn't wrong. Sorry for
the breakage.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.jaceklaskowski.pl

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On 11/8/06, Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Also it looks as if there are duplicate copyrights sometimes up to 3 on some
> of the files... I'll have to hunt these down.  Would it be too much trouble
> to write me a script that shows me all files with "LICENSE-2.0" more then
> one time?

What I've done thus far wrt the license header was to process them
using IDEA's Copyright plugin. It turned out that I did it twice or
more and thus the issue. I don't know how easy it would be to write a
script to hunt them all down. Take a look at committers/tools for some
ideas.

I might find some spare time to help you out during the weekend, but
am not so sure to claim it now. Let me know whether you work on it by
then.

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.jaceklaskowski.pl

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

On Nov 6, 2006, at 5:27 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On 11/6/06, Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> No problem.  I appreciate you taking the time to fix it.
>>
>> As far as the manifest, I'm not sure if there is a way.  It looks
>> like this
>> may be a bug in equinox, as Eclipse complains anytime you put
>> comments in
>> the manifest.
>
> I checked the jar spec and no comments are allowed. So, this time
> Eclipse's right ;-)
>
> MANIFEST.MF's can be left out with no license header.
>
> Jacek
>
> --
> Jacek Laskowski
> http://www.jaceklaskowski.pl

-sachin

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.

Posted by Sachin Patel <sp...@gmail.com>.

On Nov 6, 2006, at 4:22 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On 11/6/06, sppatel@apache.org <sp...@apache.org> wrote:
>> Author: sppatel
>> Date: Mon Nov  6 06:16:19 2006
>> New Revision: 471743

>> Log:
>> remove copyright from Manifest's, causes build error
>
> So, what's the way to put the license header in them? I was worried to
> amend these MANIFEST files and it turned out I wasn't wrong. Sorry for
> the breakage.
>
> Jacek
>
> --
> Jacek Laskowski