Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Marcus Brubaker <au...@rogers.com> on 2002/08/08 04:00:55 UTC

SVG Editing and misc other

Hey all.  Just a few quick questions.

I was just wondering how difficult it would be to write an application
that would provide minimal editing capabilites with Batik?  I know that
editing is a fairly complex task, but as far as the API is concerned,
would it work or would the whole API have to be reworked/redesigned?

Also, does Batik support XLinks at the moment?

Thanks!

Regards,
Marcus Brubaker
aurelius.marcus@rogers.com

SVG Editing and misc other

Posted by Thomas E Deweese <th...@kodak.com>.

MB> Just a few quick questions.  I was just wondering how difficult it
MB> would be to write an application that would provide minimal
MB> editing capabilites with Batik?  I know that editing is a fairly
MB> complex task, but as far as the API is concerned, would it work or
MB> would the whole API have to be reworked/redesigned?

    Well even just using ECMA Script you can build an editor for many
things in SVG (for example enabling the user to drag objects around is
almost trivial).

MB> Also, does Batik support XLinks at the moment?

    This question is a bit underspecified as XLinks are used for a
number of things in SVG, but generally yes, we support them for
use/image and the 'a' element.  For the 'a' element it has to link to
SVG (can't be HTML).