Posted to dev@rya.apache.org by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com> on 2017/10/16 18:58:36 UTC

Twitter announce

Josh,
I am about to send the release announcement.  Would you like to tweet it as
well?  I'm configuring my gmail account to send from dlotts@apache.org.
david.

Re: Twitter announce

Posted by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com>.
>>Twitter shortens URLs itself and does not count the full len
> I read about that, but in practice it didn't happen.

I was wrong, I was expecting it to magically modify it.  But I see now any
size link is 23 chars.

david.

Re: Twitter announce

Posted by David Lotts <dl...@gmail.com>.
Kieth,
Thanks for the feedback!
> including any hashtags or mentions that may be relevant for the RDF
> side of things.  Similar to what you did for #BigData.

Definitely worth investigating!  I almost did #RDF but I didn't see it in
the auto-completion list that popped up.  I'm not sure what determines the
list.
I guess doing a search with #RDF and others will tell me what is worth
using.

> Twitter shortens URLs itself and does not count the full len

I read about that, but in practice it didn't happen.  I used bitly because
I could not get the twitter post box to generate a t.co link and I wanted
all the characters I could get.

Wow what flurry of activity it caused!  So many retweets and new
followers!  Thanks for your retweet!

david.

Re: Twitter announce

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.

Re: Twitter announce

Re: Twitter announce

Posted by Josh Elser <el...@apache.org>.
Done! You're an admin now :)

If you log into https://tweetdeck.twitter.com, you should see a "team"
associated for @ApacheRya which you can manage.

RE: Twitter announce

Posted by "Lotts, David" <Da...@parsons.com>.
Josh,

Re: Twitter announce

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
I'd prefer to enable you to do it :)

If you can send me your twitter handle, I can grant you permission such
that you can tweet whatever you'd like from the apacherya account.