Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/23 10:10:28 UTC

Removing Javolution and resolving sax implementation - OFBIZ-5169

Hi everyone,

I need some help and guidance. I removed all remaining references to Javolution from the framework except for this one annoying dependency, and we cannot remove the jar before getting a different implementation.

So the code in EntitySaxReader.java depends on _javolution.xml.sax.XMLReaderImpl_ for implementing the Sax parser for importing data to the framework. And my question is, what is the recommended library replacement? I am thinking of using _org.apache.xerces.parsers.SAXParser_. Am I on the right path or do we have other preferences for XML parsing in OFBiz?

Thank you for your help!

Taher Alkhateeb

Re: Removing Javolution and resolving sax implementation - OFBIZ-5169

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jacques,

I'll issue a JIRA and start working on it as soon as I can. Right now I'm
focusing on Start.java trying to clean that up a little bit.

Taher Alkhateeb

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Taher,

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi everyone,

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Excellent, there's even a patch! Thank you.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hi Adrian,

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@sandglass-software.com>.