Posted to dev@taverna.apache.org by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org> on 2018/01/08 16:28:24 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Server 3.1.0-incubating RC1

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the source release of

  Apache Taverna Maven Parent 3-incubating
  Apache Taverna Server 3.1.0-incubating

To discuss this release candidate, use the corresponding [DISCUSS] thread.

Taverna Server allows remote execution of Apache Taverna workflows, exposed as
REST Web APIs and WSDL Web Services. This release is based on Apache Taverna
Command-line 3.1.0.

Release candidates to be voted over are available at:

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/taverna/source/taverna-parent-3-incubating-RC1/

https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/taverna/source/taverna-server-3.1.0-RC1/

SHA-1 checksums:

fd7e74e2cf092f95ff8c99036b54bceaa6440626  apache-taverna-parent-3-incubating-source-release.zip
6ec0b6a30707a913c42d805e29c6124f5f4794e5  apache-taverna-server-3.1.0-incubating-source-release.zip

MD5 checksums:

2073830912c938bf50c8d4df31a8959e  apache-taverna-parent-3-incubating-source-release.zip
4f09b07b99f4c7defe055da36849b1c6  apache-taverna-server-3.1.0-incubating-source-release.zip

Build the release candidate *in the above order* using:

    mvn clean install

The release candidates correspond to the following git commits:

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-taverna-maven-parent.git;a=commit;h=7c93cb923874a5694f4f96c9e2abbc963a76426d

https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-taverna-server.git;a=commit;h=c658f6dfe7575d3395850ac2548842fd4ce91a1c

Release candidates are signed with a GPG key available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/taverna/KEYS

A staged Maven repository is available for review at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetaverna-1016

The changelog for this release is available from JIRA:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12334882&projectId=12318322

https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?version=12332252&projectId=12318322

Please vote on releasing these packages as:

Apache Taverna Maven Parent 3-incubating
Apache Taverna Server 3.1.0-incubating

The vote is open for at least 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
three +1 Apache Taverna PPMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ]  0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers,
please feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your
votes!

How to review a release? https://s.apache.org/review-release

--
Stian Soiland-Reyes
http://orcid.org/0000-0001-9842-9718

[CANCELLED] [VOTE] Release Apache Taverna Server 3.1.0-incubating RC1

Posted by Stian Soiland-Reyes <st...@apache.org>.
I'm sorry to say that the below vote has been CANCELLED
as the build wrongly assumes there is a .git.

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
pl.project13.maven:git-commit-id-plugin:2.1.4:revision (buildinfo) on
project taverna-server-webapp: .git directory could not be found! Please
specify a valid [dotGitDirectory] in your pom.xml -> [Help 1]

I will remove the plugin and have another go.. :)