Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by trivedi_ravi13 <tr...@yahoo.co.in> on 2012/10/30 10:29:38 UTC

Do we really require " saslauthd " daemon for PLAIN text authentication?

HI,

    Do we really require " saslauthd " daemon to be running on the system
in-order to authenticate with Qpid broker using PLAIN authentication
mechanism? or having SASL database at proper location with all the
credentials is enough?

    My problem is I have predefined set of processes that are allowed to be
executed by SELinux. I can not launch a new service or a process that is not
listed in SELinux configuration.

Thanks in advance,
Ravi Trivedi

Re: Do we really require " saslauthd " daemon for PLAIN text authentication?

Posted by Gordon Sim <go...@gmail.com>.
On 10/30/2012 09:29 AM, trivedi_ravi13 wrote:

>      Do we really require " saslauthd " daemon to be running on the system
> in-order to authenticate with Qpid broker using PLAIN authentication
> mechanism?

No, you don't.