Posted to user@hivemind.apache.org by "Hensley, Richard" <Ri...@McKesson.com> on 2005/04/27 00:02:18 UTC

Service Beans

I just discovered something that I want to validate will remain.

I have a third-party class that does not have an interface, nor does it have
a zero argument constructor. However, I want it to be a Hivemind service.

So, I'm trying to use the Hivemind bean service capability, and I ran across
the following documentation.

"The class you specify must have a public, no-arguments constructor. Your
service constructor (<create-instance> or <invoke-factory>) should create an
instance of the specified interface class (or a subclass)."

However, what I discovered is that if I make the service model "primitive"
the requirement of a public no-arguments constructor does not seem to hold.

Is this intended functionality? If it is, where is it or is it documented?

Richard