Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Miguel Pereira <mi...@gmail.com> on 2013/12/03 19:42:31 UTC

ScannerBase.removeScanIterator

Guys,

QQ: do  ScannerBase.addScanIterator & ScannerBase.removeScanIterator
operate on the ScannerBase or the underlying table? IOW can I apply the
iterator, do the scan and then remove the iterator using this method or do
I need to call conn.tableOperations().removeIterator

p.s. we could really use more examples on how to programatically use
iterators.

Cheers,
Miguel

Re: ScannerBase.removeScanIterator

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
Your comment about proprietary code being a basis for lack of iterator
examples. There are lots of well-defined examples for things that
big-table stores are good at. I just don't want lack of examples to be
written off as lacking due to proprietary code -- it should be something
that we work towards as a community instead of accepting as a deficiency.

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Miguel Pereira <mi...@gmail.com>.
Thanks guys.

I'll get back to you on that David. Maybe throw together something to
contribute.

-Miguel

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
Iterators configured on a scanner are only used for that scan session.
 Other concurrent scan session will not use those iterators.   You do not