Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "GARTRELL,MIKE (HP-Corvallis,ex1)" <mi...@hp.com> on 2002/03/29 23:16:18 UTC

J2EEDescriptorsStore problem?

	I'm receiving many of the following log messages when using the
J2EEDescriptorsStore with Slide deployed on Tomcat 4.0:
29 Mar 2002 14:08:51 - slidestore.j2ee.J2EEDescriptorsStore - INFO - No id
for current thread - called outside transaction?

	Is this is a problem?  It seems that the generation of all these
messages could be slowing down the execution of Slide.

---> Mike Gartrell <---     ---> mike_gartrell@hp.com <---
                            ---> phone: (541) 715-0008 <---

RE: J2EEDescriptorsStore problem?

Posted by Tom Wang <to...@presidiosoftware.com>.
This is OK.  It happens when the store needs a connection but there's no
transaction context because the app didn't start a transaction if it's a
read only process.  I went into J2EEDescriptorsStore.getCurrentConnection()
and set the log msg to debug level (before it was set to info level).  After
that the msg you saw won't show up again.

-Tom