Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by npordash <ni...@gmail.com> on 2018/05/17 17:36:21 UTC

Re: IGNITE-6827 - Review needed.

Hi,

Would IGNITE-6827 potentially be a workaround for IGNITE-6967? I understand
that eventually IGNITE-6967 will not be applicable once the service grid
stops using the utility cache and switches to discovery messages, but I've
encountered odd deadlocks with PME and I'm growing more suspicious that it's
happening due to IGNITE-6967 because it seems to only happen when nodes
start flapping (f.e. due to faulty VM hardware).

-Nick

Re: IGNITE-6827 - Review needed.

Posted by Dmitry Pavlov <dp...@gmail.com>.
Hi Nick,

I can't find any timeouts specified for transaction creation in IGNITE-6967
code (for services cache), so I'm not sure current fix wil help. But anyway
soon it can be double-checked with 2.5 release.

I hope IGNITE-6967 will be fixed soon in the IEP-17. Vyacheslav Daradur
picked up this task. So workaround will not be necessary.

Sincerely,
Dmitriy Pavlov