Posted to user@struts.apache.org by kai <ma...@roomity.com> on 2006/01/27 22:10:28 UTC

insert dynamic jsp codes in Tiles

Hi, I need to insert some dynamic jsp codes into my pages using tiles with Struts 1.2.4. The following examples don't seem to insert really dynamic jsp. It's for illustration purpose. tiles-defs.xml:
in my jsp page, using tiles:insert or tiles:getAsString doesn't work as an exception occurs. It complains that "sidebar" is not found. I also tried to use a controller class: MyTilesController.java implements org.apache.struts.tiles.Controller public void perform(ComponentContext context, HttpServletRequest arg1, HttpServletResponse arg2, ServletContext arg3) throws ServletException, IOException { context.putAttribute("sidebar", "
"); } If I use , the ? ? part is displayed as it is(no dynamic data is generated). If I use , nothing is displayed please help. The problem I am trying to solve is that I have a bunch of "tokens" that are just struts tags and html markups. Each jsp pages can have a bunch of tokens. All the tokens and their definitions are loaded into a hashtable. I want to pass in the token definitions to a tile definition at runtime so that I can generate the final jsp page. The simplest solution is to put each token's definition into a jsp page. But a page may have a lot of tokens. so I want to know if I can get around creating jsp pages for all the tokens. Thanks. Kai

Broadband interface (RIA) + mail box saftey = http://Struts_User_List.roomity.com
*Your* clubs, no sign up to read, ad supported; try broadband internet.