Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Strader, William A." <WI...@saic.com> on 2007/03/19 17:46:47 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache Authentication & Authorization

I have a few questions about the authentication & authorization methods
within Apache.  We have requirements to do Kerberos Authentication &
LDAP Authorization.  How would we implement this type of request within
apache?  Do we use mod_authnz_ldap or is there some sort of Kerberos
module we need to use?  Any advise you all can give or point me in the
direction of a web site to read would greatly be appreciated.

Regards,

William "Billy" A. Strader

NAISMC Web Services

Work: 865-425-5178

Pager: 865-417-5012

Emergancy Pager: 865-417-5622

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Authentication & Authorization

Posted by Paul Matthews <pa...@opensourcehowto.org>.
Hi there,

I think this might be what your looking for

Setup Apache2 with OpenLDAP Authentication
http://www.opensourcehowto.org/how-to/apache/setup-apache2-with-openldap-authentication.html

there is a  heap of other information about apache on my website if you
want to have a look

--
OpenSourceHowTo.org
[url]http://www.opensourcehowto.org/[/url]

Wiki.OpenSourceHowTo.org
[url]http://wiki.opensourcehowto.org/[/url]

My ServerSetup Scripts
[url]http://evilperson85.110mb.com[/url]

Please Support OpenSourceHowTo.org
[url]http://www.opensourcehowto.org/how-to/welcome/support-opensourcehowto.org.html[/url]

Re: [users@httpd] Apache Authentication & Authorization

Posted by Gaël Lams <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> I have a few questions about the authentication & authorization methods
> within Apache.  We have requirements to do Kerberos Authentication & LDAP
> Authorization.  How would we implement this type of request within apache?
> Do we use mod_authnz_ldap or is there some sort of Kerberos module we need
> to use?  Any advise you all can give or point me in the direction of a web
> site to read would greatly be appreciated.

kerberos module for apache:
http://modauthkerb.sourceforge.net/

how-to from microsoft knowledge base:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555092

Regards,

Gaël

PS: did you try googling before asking? ;-)