Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com> on 2013/04/25 16:05:47 UTC

[ANN] Google Summer of Code is Open to all Students!

Hi everybody,

The Apache Software Foundation is participating in GSoC again this
year, and CouchDB is on the project list of course!

By the end of the summer, we hope you've above all, had fun, and we've
enabled you to make a valued contribution, and ideally help you
continue in your involvement with the CouchDB project.

## I'm a student, how do I start?

Check out some of the ideas at http://s.apache.org/couchdb_gsoc2013 or
suggest your own ones. Please subscribe to our developers mailing list
mailto:dev@couchdb.apache.org  http://couchdb.apache.org/#mailing-list
and join us at #couchdb-dev on irc://irc.freenode.net/couchdb-dev to
talk about what you're interested in.

You'll need to pick your projects and submit proposals from 22nd April
to 3rd May.

## I'm interested in being a mentor for the CouchDB project!

Thanks! Please read up on
http://community.apache.org/guide-to-being-a-mentor.html and contact
dch@ for more details. Previous mentors suggest the effort is around
5h per week on average. Please review the topics list and feel free to
make any adjustments.

Please pass this on to your local user groups, universities, etc. Thanks!

For more information on Google Summer of Code itself, timelines and
proposals, visit the Melange website
http://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/homepage/google/gsoc2013

For more information on the Apache Software Foundation, visit
http://apache.org/foundation/

Thanks
Dave Cottlehuber
dch@apache.org

Re: [ANN] Google Summer of Code is Open to all Students!

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Reminder: The submission deadline is this Friday.

Fancy being involved? Hope over to dev@ and get started now!

--
NS

Re: [ANN] Google Summer of Code is Open to all Students!

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
I will actually do a follow up Tweet over the weekend, inviting people to
get involved. We have quite a short time frame to get this up and running,
so there's no harm about promoting it more than once.

--
NS

Re: [ANN] Google Summer of Code is Open to all Students!

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.
Excellent. Retweeted.

https://news.ycombinator.com/item?id=5613689

--
NS

Re: [ANN] Google Summer of Code is Open to all Students!

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

--
NS

Re: [ANN] Google Summer of Code is Open to all Students!

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

--
NS

Re: [ANN] Google Summer of Code is Open to all Students!

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

--
NS