Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Geoff Soper <ge...@alphaworks.co.uk> on 2005/01/01 19:50:10 UTC

Problem installing SpamAssassin 3.0.2

I run SpamAssassin on my web host's machine. I install it in my directory
using:

perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=$HOME
make
make install

My problem is that my host doesn't have the Digest::SHA1 module installed.
I don't have the ability to install Perl modules centrally but I can
install the module locally and have done so. What's the best way to refer
SpamAssassin to the locally installed module?

I call SA from my .procmailrc file.

Thanks,
Geoff

Re: Problem installing SpamAssassin 3.0.2

Posted by Jon Drukman <js...@cluttered.com>.
Geoff Soper wrote:
> I run SpamAssassin on my web host's machine. I install it in my directory
> using:
>
> perl Makefile.PL PREFIX=$HOME
> make
> make install
>
> My problem is that my host doesn't have the Digest::SHA1 module installed.
> I don't have the ability to install Perl modules centrally but I can
> install the module locally and have done so. What's the best way to refer
> SpamAssassin to the locally installed module?

set your PERL5LIB environment variable to your personal perl library
directory.  this will prepend it to the list of directories that perl
searches for modules.  the good news is since it is prepended, anything
you install in your home dir will take precedence, so you can install
newer/different versions of any module, and your copy will be the
preferred copy.