Posted to dev@stdcxx.apache.org by Eric Lemings <er...@roguewave.com> on 2008/03/17 20:17:48 UTC

Preliminary triage of 4.2.1 issues

Suggest postponing the following Jira issues until after the 4.2.1
release:

	STDCXX-430
	STDCXX-701
	STDCXX-391
	STDCXX-682
	STDCXX-536
	STDCXX-527
	STDCXX-618

The reasoning for postponing these issues is one or both of the
following:

	Not needed to meet primary goals of 4.2.1 release (i.e. HP-UX IPF and
MSVC 9.0 support)
	Not appropriate for a patch release (i.e. can't be resolved within
timeframe for a patch release)

Could probably postpone some other issues as well but these are the
most obvious candidates.

Brad.

RE: Preliminary triage of 4.2.1 issues

Posted by Eric Lemings <Er...@roguewave.com>.

Boost 1.35.0 was just recently released.  Does it contain the changes
necessary for STDCXX support?  If so, close the issue?

Posted by Martin Sebor <se...@roguewave.com>.
Eric Lemings wrote:

> Suggest postponing the following Jira issues until after the 4.2.1 release:

Thanks for the analysis!

>     STDCXX-430

I think this is mostly done, or waiting on Boost to apply Farid's
patches. Farid?

>     STDCXX-701

Here we just need to create the .rdf file but I'm fine deferring
it.

>     STDCXX-391

Agreed. This one's not going to happen anytime soon.

>     STDCXX-682

I'd like to try to find the time to do this sometime soon. It
shouldn't be more than 2 hours.

>     STDCXX-536

Agreed. I don't think we have the time to resolve this for 4.2.1.
I'll let Travis defer it.

>     STDCXX-527

We have all the data in the attachments to the issue. We just
need to publish it on the project's page.

>     STDCXX-618

I'll let Travis decide this one.

> The reasoning for postponing these issues is one or both of the following:
>
>     Not needed to meet primary goals of 4.2.1 release (i.e. HP-UX IPF
> and MSVC 9.0 support)
>     Not appropriate for a patch release (i.e. can't be resolved within
> timeframe for a patch release)
>
> Could probably postpone some other issues as well but these are the most
> obvious candidates.

I'm sure you're right. I plan to go through them this week to
see what else could be deferred.

Martin