Posted to dev@thrift.apache.org by Edmond Lau <ed...@ooyala.com> on 2008/09/05 02:14:38 UTC

thrift for actionscript

Hi Thrift Developers -

I'm an engineer at an enterprise HD video startup called Ooyala, and
I've implemented a thrift library and code generator for actionscript.
 It's been tested and deployed, and it's been working out quite well.
I only have the binary protocol and a couple transport mechanisms (the
memory buffer and the http client) implemented for the library, and I
don't have any immediate plans to try to implement any of the
client/server rpc protocols b/c I don't have a need for them (yet).

Since I thought others might find my code useful, I was wondering a)
if there would be any interest in adding my
protocol/transport/compiler code to the thrift code base, and b) what
the code submission process would be like?

Thanks,
Edmond

--
Edmond Lau
edmond@ooyala.com

Re: thrift for actionscript

Posted by Carl Byström <ca...@esportnetwork.com>.
Edmond and Todd, please do this:) I'd be happy to take a look.This would
also make it into one of the first async clients? (The AVM is
single-threaded)

Re: thrift for actionscript

Posted by Todd Lipcon <to...@amiestreet.com>.
Hi Edmond,

RE: thrift for actionscript

Posted by Mark Slee <ms...@facebook.com>.
Hi Edmond,

a) Yes, definitely. This sounds great.

b) Submission is pretty straightforward.

Go here: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/THRIFT
Create a new issue, and post a .patch file with your changes.

I don't think you need to do any legal docs for us to commit this -- can
someone confirm that?

Is there anyone else on the list familiar with ActionScript that would
like to do a code review? If not, assuming the changes are isolated to
ActionScript-land, we'll go aheads and commit them.

Cheers,
Mark