Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Rik Blankestijn <r....@nl.tiscali.com> on 2004/01/20 16:18:50 UTC

bug in the documentation (tomcat / oracle)

Article:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-4.1-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

Section:
Oracle 8i

> We would appreciate comments on this section as I'm not an Oracle DBA
:-)
Ok here it is.

In the server.xml example there is a connection string:
> <parameter>

>    <name>url</name>
>    <value>jdbc:oracle:thin:myschema@127.0.0.1:1521:mysid</value>
> </parameter>

This should be:

<parameter>

    <name>url</name>
    <value>jdbc:oracle:thin:@127.0.0.1:1521:mysid</value>
</parameter>

thus without the schema. The schema is will be determined by the username parameter.

I'm not a java expert. In fact I spent 2 days on java now and started with the connection pool stuff.
Mysql documentation helped me a lot but the oracle part gave me a head-ake. Please update this documentation, so another newbie doesn't have to go to the same trouble ;).

Kind regards,
Rik Blankestijn