Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Ro...@actian.com> on 2012/03/21 17:17:28 UTC

Suggestion for logarithmic scale for sliders

Just wanted to see if anyone would find it useful to be able to specify
a logarithmic scale for a slider so you could get values from 1 to
10,000,000 (for instance) without having a huge jump in value for each
pixel of mouse movement.  So, the values could go:  1, 10, 100, 1000,
10000 instead of 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, ...

Thoughts?  Thanks.

Roger Whitcomb

Re: Suggestion for logarithmic scale for sliders

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,
I like all proposal here, and latest from Jason seems more general ...
as always please someone can add an issue (as improvement) in jira for
this ?

And now the real question ... for what release: 2.0.2 or 2.1 (I don't
think before the end of 2012) ?
Changes for this should be small so for me 2.0.2 is good (and we are
always in time to move to 2.1 if something strange will happen during
development of this feature).

Of course a related (minimal) small test application is welcome :-) ...

Bye,
Sandro

Posted by Jason Dorsey <Ja...@netiq.com>.

Jason.Dorsey@netiq.com<ma...@attachmate.com>
www.attachmate.com<http://www.attachmate.com>  |  www.netiq.com<http://www.netiq.com>

I like both the original idea and Jason's add-on.

+1

Chris
On Mar 21, 2012 4:32 PM, "Jason Dorsey" <Ja...@netiq.com>> wrote:
I could see this very useful for graphical/scientific/mathematical/compSci applications. We should be able to specify the base as well.

Normal BXML: <Slider bxml:id="normalslider" range="{start:0, end:255}" value="0"/>
Logarithmic BXML: <LogSlider bxml:id="logslider" range="{start:0, end: 65536, base:16}" value="4096"/>

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.