Posted to proton@qpid.apache.org by Frank Quinn <fq...@nyx.com> on 2013/07/18 12:46:10 UTC

Usage of pn_message_properties and pn_message_annotations

Hi Folks,

I am looking for ways to inject meta data into a pn_message_t in a message body agnostic way as I send it across a messenger interface. I have found pn_message_properties and pn_message_annotations and it is unclear to me what their purpose is.

Key questions are:

1. Will data inserted in here still survive for all proposed data types (e.g. will this still be a pn_data_t accessible even if the message body is json?)
2. Should I as an application developer be writing to these structures at all?
3. If the answer to #2 is yes, can properties be used to pass parameters to the broker such as {create:always, delete:always} which I have seen in other implementations but I'm not sure how to construct an equivalent instruction in C
4. Again if the answer to #2 is yes, are there any particular data types which should be used so it doesn't interfere with the underlying workings of pn_messenger or confuse the broker?

Cheers,
Frank

This e-mail may contain confidential and/or privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient or have received this e-mail in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete this message and any attachments without retaining a copy.

Any unauthorised copying, disclosure or distribution of the material in this e-mail is strictly forbidden.

Visit our website at http://www.nyse.com <http://www.nyse.com>
Note: The information contained in this message and any attachment to it is privileged, confidential and protected from disclosure. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, or an employee or agent responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by replying to the message, and please delete it from your system. Thank you. NYSE Euronext.