Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by "Julian.Gilbert" <ju...@open.ac.uk> on 2018/02/05 16:50:37 UTC

Compatibility Matrix for CentOS and VMware

Hi

The compatibility matrix for Cloudstack 4.9+ lists specific minor OS versions for the management server with the exception of CentOS 7 which doesn't include a minor version.  Is a fully patched CentOS 7 (7.4-1708) installation therefore supported? What happens with future minor OS releases, are these tested and supported as they are released?

The VMware 6.5 GA hypervisor is listed as supported in the compatibility matrix but in the installation guide it states "Be sure all the hotfixes provided by the hypervisor vendor are applied." Does this mean that VMware 6.5 U1 with latest patches is therefore supported too? What happens with future VMware hypervisor releases, are these tested and supported as they are released?

Compatibility matrix: http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.9.3.0/compat.html
Installation guide: http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-installation/en/4.9/hypervisor/vsphere.html

Many thanks,
Julian Gilbert

-- The Open University is incorporated by Royal Charter (RC 000391), an exempt charity in England & Wales and a charity registered in Scotland (SC 038302). The Open University is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority in relation to its secondary activity of credit broking.

RE: Compatibility Matrix for CentOS and VMware

Posted by "Julian.Gilbert" <ju...@open.ac.uk>.
Hi Paul

Thanks for your answer with regards to the hypervisor. It is very helpful to know that 4.9 may not have been completely reliable with vSphere 6.5.

As minor OS version updates are required in order to continue to receive security patches with CentOS 7 I will apply the same standard testing advice with regards to the management server OS.

If anyone knows of any incompatibilities with a fully patched CentOS 7.4-1708 management server or vSphere 6.5 U1 hypervisor I would be most grateful if you could reply.

Kind regards,
Julian Gilbert

Posted by Paul Angus <pa...@shapeblue.com>.
Hi Julian,