Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> on 2007/10/06 00:37:31 UTC

0.15 feature freeze

The 0.15 feature freeze will soon take effect.  No patches will be
accepted for 0.15 unless they are either:

- "blocker" regressions, bugs that break important functionality;
- documentation improvements

Let's delay branching for 0.15 and hold off committing 0.16 patches to
trunk for a week or so.  That way we can avoid having to merge all the
blockers and documentation improvements to the branch, when they are
likely to vastly outnumber the 0.16-bound commits for this period.  Okay?

Doug

Re: 0.15 feature freeze

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Doug Cutting wrote:
> Let's delay branching for 0.15 and hold off committing 0.16 patches to
> trunk for a week or so.

I've now created the 0.15 branch.  Patches for 0.15 should now generally
be committed first to trunk, then merged to 0.15.  Such changes should
be documented in the 0.15 section of CHANGES.txt.

Doug

Re: 0.15 feature freeze

Posted by Dennis Kubes <ku...@apache.org>.
Any chance of getting HADOOP-1622 into the 0.15 release?  Please :)

Dennis Kubes

Re: 0.15 feature freeze

Posted by Michael Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Re: 0.15 feature freeze

Posted by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com>.
On Oct 5, 2007, at 3:37 PM, Doug Cutting wrote:

> The 0.15 feature freeze will soon take effect.  No patches will be
> accepted for 0.15 unless they are either:
>
> - "blocker" regressions, bugs that break important functionality;
> - documentation improvements

plus contrib changes, yes?

> Let's delay branching for 0.15 and hold off committing 0.16 patches
> to trunk for a week or so.  That way we can avoid having to merge
> all the blockers and documentation improvements to the branch, when
> they are likely to vastly outnumber the 0.16-bound commits for this
> period.  Okay?

Fine with me. But certainly no more than a week.

Nige