Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Jeff Newburn <jn...@zappos.com> on 2008/11/11 23:09:19 UTC

MoreLikeThis

Hi All,

Anybody know of how to get some useful debugging information for
morelikethis search component in SOLR 1.4?  I am trying to make the results
more relevant to each product.  Unfortunately, I cannot seem to find a way
to get information that would be useful to find out what is matching.  I
have tried mlt.interestingTerms=details and it appears to do nothing
different in the result set.

-Jeff

Re: MoreLikeThis

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
hymmm  -- if it does not come out with debugQuery, I don't think there
is a way to get it easily....

Can you create a JIRA issue for this?  Adding the 'explain' info for
each MLT result should be relatively easy.

ryan

On Nov 12, 2008, at 11:43 AM, Jeff Newburn wrote:

> I have also tried debugQuery=true.  It outputs a large amount of
> data but
> none of it appears related to moreLikeThis information.  Continuing
> to work
> on it but not sure how it is going to be possible to debug the
> functionality.  Does anybody have any other suggestions on how to
> extract
> information like scoring and field matching from the searchcomponent
> version
> of morelikethis?
>

> On 11/11/08 6:28 PM, "Ryan McKinley" <ry...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> did you try debugQuery=true?
>> (i don't know what it does off hand... perhaps nothing, but it may
>> add
>> something for MLT)
>>

>> On Nov 11, 2008, at 6:56 PM, Jeff Newburn wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Otis!  I understand what the parameters do to help modify for
>>> the
>>> most part.  What I am trying to understand is how the related items
>>> are
>>> related.  Certain search results return thousands of documents that

Re: MoreLikeThis

Posted by Jeff Newburn <jn...@zappos.com>.

Re: MoreLikeThis

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.